[Openstack-operators] Cinder + FC + Hitachi storage 110

Will Newby Will_Newby at discovery.com
Thu Sep 11 18:20:37 UTC 2014

Hi Tong,

1) My understanding for the support matrix is that it notes the *earliest*
the driver is available, so if you¹re deploying Ice House, then you get
all the protocols listed on that matrix. If it¹s not listed on that
matrix, then it¹s not supported at all.

2) Cinder doesn¹t speak any protocols, it¹s not a passthru, it¹s an
accountant. It keeps track of connections and volumes and configures them,
it doesn¹t sit between VMs and the storage.

Does that help?
Cheers,
Will