[Openstack-operators] RabbitMQ issues since upgrading to Icehouse

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 05:31:39 UTC 2014

No problem setting it to 2, the problem arises when you upgrade to icehouse the default for metadata workers has changed from 1 -> number of processes.
So if you don’t change your config you’ll all of a sudden get a lot more nova-api-metadata servers running. (If you’re using multi host and have 160 * 64 core compute nodes you all of a sudden have a *lot* more api-metadata workers...)

Sam