[Openstack-operators] Openstack Manual install with nova-network

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Tue Sep 2 15:44:14 UTC 2014

It will help if you include your nova.conf file.

Thanks,

Edgar

From: <Baruch>, Ohad <Ohad.Baruch at emc.com<mailto:Ohad.Baruch at emc.com>>
Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 1:07 AM
To: "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [Openstack-operators] Openstack Manual install with nova-network

Hi guys,

I have a 2 node(1 controller + 1 compute nodes) architecture that I installed manually, all of my compute services, including nova network, are on the compute node.
I tried logging to the dashboard but I received this message:

ConnectionFailed at /admin/
Connection to neutron failed: Maximum attempts reached
Request Method:

GET

Request URL:

http://<IP>/dashboard/admin/

Django Version:

1.6.5

Exception Type:

ConnectionFailed

Exception Value:

Connection to neutron failed: Maximum attempts reached

Exception Location:

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/neutronclient/v2_0/client.py in retry_request, line 1228

I don't even have a neutron client or server installed, and I configured my nova.conf to use nova networking.
This is really frustrating, can somebody please assist?

Regards,
Ohad