[Openstack-operators] Operations project: Packaging

Michael Chapman woppin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 12:42:40 UTC 2014

Derek: Very cool! I think you may have linked me to this ages ago when it
was still forming. The doc links in the README are broken but that's almost
exactly what I'm (personally) looking for - a small wrapper around rpm
build and some specs as repos I can fork and contribute back to where
suitable.

Chris: I can appreciate the appeal of a single tool. It does add a lot of
complexity.

Craig: Understood. The system I'm using at Cisco is similar - farming off
native builds to a verbatim copy of the ubuntu build tools. The question
for me is if I have to replicate the native build tools anyway, why treat
OpenStack differently?

All: I'm going to make a wiki page over the weekend with a summary of the
discussion so far and a feature matrix, and look at setting a time for an
irc discussion to continue the discussion over the choices we have
available. I'm almost certain I won't be able to be present since my
timezone is AEST and I'll try to make it sometime that's friendly to EU/US,
so if anyone would like to put their hand up to moderate that please let me
know.

There's an #openstack-stable irc channel on freenode that might be a
suitable host.

 - Michael