[Openstack-operators] qemu 1.x to 2.0

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Mon Nov 17 20:30:14 UTC 2014

Thanks, Felipe!

I was going to wait until I did some more testing, but since I'm on this
topic:

I have done some preliminary tests with the latest libvirt packages from
Ubuntu (available in both 12.04 and 14.04). The tests were done in a 12.04
Icehouse environment that supports live migration. I created several
instances using the stock qemu and libvirt packages and then upgraded both
sets of packages.

Hard rebooting, live migration, and hard reboot of live-migrated instances
were all successful.

I still want to run through the tests a few more times (especially
migrating to 14.04 hosts), but it looks as though the latest Ubuntu
packages resolve any backwards compatibility issues.