[Openstack-operators] [Swift] storage policies merge plan
me at not.mn
Fri May 23 22:27:03 UTC 2014
We've been working for a long time on the feature/ec branch in the swift repo. It's now "done" and needs to be merged into master to be generally available.
Here's how the integration is going to work:
1) The feature/ec branch will be refactored into a series of dependent reviewable patches
2) The patch chain will be proposed to master, and master will enter a freeze until the storage policy patches land
3) The first patch in the chain will be marked as -2 to "plug" the chain
4) The Swift community will review and approve all patches in the chain.
5) When all patches in the chain are approved, the first -2 will be removed and the whole chain will be sent to the CI system
There are two things that I'll ask of you during this time. First, please commit time to reviewing the storage policy patches. Second, please do not deploy a version of Swift that is midway through the storage policy patch chain. I don't expect it to break anything, but it's a complicating factor best to be avoided.
I will send out another email when the patch chain has been proposed to master and to announce the freeze.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the OpenStack-operators