[Openstack-operators] OpenStack logging, Logstash and grok patterns

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed May 21 19:54:21 UTC 2014

On 05/21/2014 02:19 PM, Mathieu Gagné wrote:
> Hi operators,
>
> It appears that most people are using or planning to use logstash to
> handle and manage their OpenStack logs.
>
> Is there any places, repositories or documentations where I can find
> grok patterns for all the OpenStack services?
>
> If such place does not exist, can we create one so we can search them?

OpenStack Infra team has a set of patterns for the logstash system we
use on logs in the test environment here -
https://github.com/openstack-infra/config/blob/master/modules/openstack_project/templates/logstash/indexer.conf.erb

A todo from the logging and monitoring ops meetup session at summit was
to extract those into something easier for people to consume outside our
environment.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague