[Openstack-operators] How to boot cinder Volume in openstack

Venkata Simhadri Nagender Yasalapu venkata.simhadri.nagender.yasalapu at ericsson.com
Wed May 14 05:09:09 UTC 2014

Yes I am Using Horizon dash board. Do I need to upload the Cinder VOLUME as image

And boot it from instance choosing as volume.

It is a 64GB file so how much RAM ie which flavor is suitable for booting

Thanks
venkat
From: Abel Lopez [mailto:alopgeek at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:35 AM
To: Venkata Simhadri Nagender Yasalapu
Cc: OpenStack-operators at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] How to boot cinder Volume in openstack

Are you using Horizon dashboard? It's pretty straightforward if you are.

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014, Venkata Simhadri Nagender Yasalapu <venkata.simhadri.nagender.yasalapu at ericsson.com<mailto:venkata.simhadri.nagender.yasalapu at ericsson.com>> wrote:
HI

I have a cinder volume how can I boot it in openstack.
Created a file system to cinder volume of size 60GB.
Please let me know the proceedure to boot the cinder volume

ubuntu at ubuntu:~/images$ file CINDER-VOLUME
CINDER-VOLUME: x86 boot sector; GRand Unified Bootloader, stage1 version 0x3, 1st sector stage2 0x130800, GRUB version 0.97; partition 1: ID=0xee, starthead 0, startsector 1, 125829119 sectors, extended partition table (last)\011, code offset 0x48

-rwxrwxr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu 64424509440 May 13 19:34 CINDER-VOLUME

Thanks
Venkat