[Openstack-operators] Configuring local instance storage

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Sun May 11 18:59:21 UTC 2014

It simple - use SSD. only. OK. The price difference between 15k SAS and SSD
is negative (15k is more costly), and differce between 10k SAS and SSD is
small. SSD is pricier than a low end SATA, but I don't want to be near
system running instances on SATA array.

So answer simple - SSD. Use 5/6 RAID to save a bit money in exchange for
write performance loss, but it still gonna be much faster than spindles.