[Openstack-operators] [RFC] Logging Guidelines

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri May 9 19:57:44 UTC 2014

On 04/30/2014 04:39 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> I'm trying to work up some drafts of logging guidelines that we can get
> agreement on and hopefully get all openstack projects to implement over
> time. In advance of the Juno summit I'd like to get feedback on drafts
> via the nova-specs process.
>
> The draft review is here - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/91446/
>
> Anyone is welcome to log into gerrit and provide feedback on what's
> there, including general comments on areas we should address which
> aren't there. I'll try to blend the feedback I get this week for at
> least one, if not 2 follow up drafts prior to summit.
>
> There is not a specific summit session for this, however if we've got a
> good working doc before the summit I was hoping we could bang out any
> sticky parts ad-hoc while there.
>
> 	-Sean

Thanks to everyone that provided the first round of feedback. I have a
new revision up that incorporates much of this, and tries to clarify a
few points.  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/91446/

Please take a look if you can pre-summit. While there is no formal
session on this at summit, interested folks that happen to be in Atlanta
may gather for a lunch on this topic. If so we'll get it out onto this
list.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague