[Openstack-operators] A Hypervisor supporting containers

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Fri May 2 22:58:24 UTC 2014

The question of "what" is production ready is what separates distro's. One distro feels the tradeoff should be X, another Y. Operators get to choose which distro to use/place their trust.

Also, once you start going down that path of trying make trunk "production ready" all the time, you will end up with (at least) two "trunks", the stable (distro) one, and the developer's trunk, and you're back to what I was talking about in the first place. If you care about stability, use a distro, if your developing, use trunk. I don't think "production trunk" will work for a huge, moving project like OpenStack. There are just too many players/tradeoffs to be made in a way everyone will be happy with just one solution.

Thanks,
Kevin