[Openstack-operators] Help on Iptables in Openstack

Joseph Breu breu at breu.org
Fri Mar 28 22:28:02 UTC 2014

Shiva,

iptables changes are made by neutron and a variety of other services and those should not be modified by hand.  They will be re-created when certain actions are triggered in OpenStack.

If you are trying to change the iptables rules for a launched instance that should be done with security groups and not by direct manipulation of the iptables rules.

Maybe you could describe that it is you are trying to do and we can provide guidance?

---
Joseph Breu
Deployment Engineer
Rackspace Private Cloud