[Openstack-operators] Atlanta Summit - More Ops? ;)

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Sun Mar 16 23:54:53 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Would you like more time at the summit to talk OpenStack ops? Read on!

Of course, we will have a dedicated Operations track in the conference -
and it's going to be better than ever this year, with an all-new
selection group ... all of whom actually run clouds.

However, we've never really had many design-summit style
feedback/sharing sessons for ops. Let's change that.

Would you find it useful to have a space to share architectures, best
practices, and give feedback on the bits of OpenStack that are giving
you pain? Or perhaps find out how to get more involved in the Open
Design process? Help us justify locking away a few rooms :)

Just to start the discussion, I have written up a straw man proposal/RFC
of one potential use of the time. It's specifically designed to be
ripped to shreds - so please do!

The idea is to have something that's more like a design summit feel -
people sitting in a room discussing things, as opposed to more
presentations.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ATL-ops-unconference-RFC

So, what would you like to see?

Regards,