[Openstack-operators] Multiple Nova Schedulers causing failures of VM spawns

Matthew Mosesohn mmosesohn at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 12 07:09:11 UTC 2014

Ryan,

Can you describe your AMQP setup? Are you using RabbitMQ, QPID, or
ZeroMQ? What sort of HA do you have set up?

I noticed this behavior previously in Grizzly with incorrect federated
queue configuration in QPID where all schedulers would accept all nova
boot requests, then the last one marks the instance as a failure even
though it launched okay.

Best Regards,
Matthew Mosesohn