[Openstack-operators] [Horizon] Improving the Horizon Overview Pages

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:57:58 UTC 2014

On 6 March 2014 17:27, Liz Blanchard <lsurette at redhat.com> wrote:

> As an end-user:
>  - If there's a way to display basic performance stats for the instances
> from Ceilometer (if it has such data), that would be amazing.
>
> Yes, that is definitely the goal! Are there specific metrics that you'd
> want to be sure we include that we might not be showing here yet?

I think that standard monitoring items on instances which end-users are
interested in (and which I think Ceilometer could gather if it doesn't
already) would be something like:
 - CPU Utilisation - %
 - Memory Utilisation - % of used vs allocated
 - Disk I/O - both data throughput and IOPs
 - Network Stats - data throughput, packets per second, errors
 - Floating IP Network Stats - data throughput, packets per second, errors

Additionally, if the end-user is making use of the LBaaS features, they'd
probably be interested in stats from the service. I'm not familiar enough
with the service details or stats gathered to provide what I think would be
pertinent details just yet.