[Openstack-operators] [all] Latest revision of log guidelines

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Jun 30 20:30:17 UTC 2014

The latest revisions of the logging guidelines is available in the
nova-specs repo - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/91446/

I tried to integrate the comments from the last go around into that. I
do think we're at a state where if we believe this is a set of first
pass guidelines that we're good with, we take them as they are, and move
forward with fixes during this cycle. I suspect things such as the AUDIT
removal are actually doable on most projects, and would simplify things.

I've started trying to fix a few of these in nova based on the
assumption we're going to move forward here.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103535/ - which removes one of the
secret decoder rings merged today.

http://logs.openstack.org/35/103535/3/gate/gate-tempest-dsvm-full/20e8a0e/logs/screen-n-cpu.txt.gz#_2014-06-30_16_56_32_723

	-Sean