[Openstack-operators] [nova][baremetal] Is it proper to deploy hybrid KVM + baremetal instances under a single OpenStack controller

Taurus Cheung Taurus.Cheung at harmonicinc.com
Mon Jun 30 06:40:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

In my datacenter, I have some application use case that requires both VM and baremetal instances. So I have setup KVM compute nodes and baremetal compute nodes under a single OpenStack controller. As a result, by using a single Heat template, with corresponding nova flavor for instances, I can have a single Heat stack that is mix of KVM VM and baremetal instances.

I would like to verify whether it is a proper use case to deploy hybrid KVM + baremetal instances under a single OpenStack controller? Any example setup that is similar with what I am doing? Thanks.

Regards,
Taurus