[Openstack-operators] cloud-init

Abel Lopez alopgeek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:52:53 UTC 2014

It’s really neat and quite easy.
Most distress have a cloud-init package available for install. If you’re making your own images, just make sure to include that in the build.
Also, make sure whatever run-level manager you’re using is set to start cloud-init at boot (upstart/chkconfig/etc)
For RH based builds, you may need to include EPEL, for Fedora it’s part of the yum repo, for Ubuntu, it’s included in the apt repo.