[Openstack-operators] Speed of the Horizon dashboard

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 07:37:46 UTC 2014

Have you tested the speed as a member only user versus an 'admin' user?

As an 'admin' user Horizon gets a whole bunch more data in the background,
resulting in super slowness. We have opted to only set the 'admin' role
membership for our admins on a single project to reduce this effect. This
means that if they need to go to the syspanel, they need to switch context
to the 'admin' project and then change to the syspanel tab from which they
can do whatever is required as an admin.