[Openstack-operators] ovs->ml2 migration issues during icehouse upgrade

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu Jul 24 16:01:33 UTC 2014

> Which ini file is active is a function of the packaging so it's upto
> the RPM and DEB folks notOpenStack upstream. teh
> /etc/neutron/plugin.ini abstraction is the RPM way, which I personally
>  like a bit better than the DEB way.

+1

> What IU have discovered is is since all teh ini files specified on the
> lauch command line are sourced in teh same way it doesn't make any
> technical different if it's in /etc/neutron/plugin.ini
> /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2.ini or even /etc/neutron/neutron.conf
> (well except that breaking it into some different files means
> different service can start with different config values, can't think
> if that's actually useful now but it's good abstraction)

+1

This is why in one of my lab/sandbox setups, I have opt'd to just
clobber/overwrite the contents of whatever ini file the init script is
pointing to rather than replacing the init script path. It doesn't matter
what the ini file is called.

This is also why people are successful with adding "legacy" neutron ini
settings to get ml2 to work, such as the various settings under [ovs] like
local_ip and bridge_mappings.