[Openstack-operators] IPv6 networking with Neutron (on Icehouse)

Brzozowski, John John_Brzozowski at Cable.Comcast.com
Wed Jul 9 22:14:36 UTC 2014

How about using DHCPv6 prefix delegation (RFC3633)?  It may not satisfy all your needs but may be a start.

John
John Jason Brzozowski
Comcast Cable
m) 609-377-6594
o) 484-962-0060
w) www.comcast6.net
e) john_brzozowski at cable.comcast.com<mailto:john_brzozowski at cable.comcast.com>

From: Daniel Ankers <md1clv at md1clv.com<mailto:md1clv at md1clv.com>>
Date: Friday, July 4, 2014 at 5:19
To: "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [Openstack-operators] IPv6 networking with Neutron (on Icehouse)

Hi all,

With IPv4 networking, I have a single public network which contains a pair of routers and Neutron, and Neutron takes floating IPs from this as necessary.

For IPv6 I'd like to do things in a more IPv6-y way and automatically give every tenant a routed /56 or /48 for them to use as they see fit - but I'm struggling to see how to do this (either with APIs or preferably with Horizon.)

Is anyone doing this already or have any pointers to useful documents?

Thanks,
Dan