[Openstack-operators] Availability zones and neutron network nodes

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 21:53:10 UTC 2014

Yes, I've found this workaround.

But it does not works as expected. I mean, if network node hosts
l3-agent for specific availability zone, it works. But all stuff in
internal networks is complete mess. dhcp-agents are selected in full
random without any correlation to external networks or AZ.  So it can be
that some instance is served by 'own' AZ network node, but dhcp-agent is
belong to other AZ, and maintenance of 'other' AZ can cause
startup/lease-renew problems for 'own' AZ.

I start to discuss this problem at work, seems we (may be - still in
discussion) can dedicate some resources to add AZ support to neutron
agents, f.e. declare agent response for specific AZs. But before this I
need to know that this feature:

1. Is not implemented already (or in process)
2. Is suited for upstream (I think this happens during blueprint
discussion).
3. Get proper knowledge about all workflow
4. Motivate programmers to dive into openstack