[Openstack-operators] [Openstack] Extreme network throughput tuning with KVM as hypervisor

Alejandro Comisario alejandro.comisario at mercadolibre.com
Wed Jan 15 16:41:07 UTC 2014

Like i said, while 12 vms are runing on this hosts, im conducting this test
only from the hosts, not the vms, since i can see the delay on the host
side already.
I really want to make the delay go away on the host first, and once solved,
going down the vnet -> vm:eth0.

Obviously the ethX tuning (ethtool are done on the host) but the sysctl
tuning is done on the host and the guest also.
I was thinking about the bonding being one culprit, but i want to test
buffer settings first (queues and ring parameters).
regarding bonding, what kind of problems you had ? are you now running
direct eth0 -> br100 settings ?

Is it vhost_net any good ? We are just using virtio.

thanks!