[Openstack-operators] Problem configuring openvswitch br-ex

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 14:45:15 UTC 2014

I'm guessing that the installation instructions assume that you have
different ethernet interfaces for the host and guests.

If you want the host to use the same interface that is in use as a bridge,
you'll need to add a virtual interface to the bridge that has the host's
IP. FWIW, this isn't an openstack issue; it is common to OVS and linux
bridging, with even without a hypervisor in the mix.
 -nld