[Openstack-operators] Unexpected Removal of Shared Storage

Samuel Winchenbach swinchen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 19:39:31 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what happens if the shared storage holding the disk images
(NFS for example) is unexpectedly disconnected from the compute host?

Also does pausing an instance prevent qemu/kvm from writing anything to
disk?  I would assume it would but I thought I should ask.

We need to do some maintenance to our NFS server and I would like to do it
without stopping (more disruptive to the user) or suspending (no as
feasible due to the number of instances).

Thanks,
Sam