[Openstack-operators] network namespace doesn't take effect until rebooting?

Nick Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 01:02:15 UTC 2014

I'm using neutron-ha-tool.py script to make L3-agent high-availability.
However, when L3-agent-A is down, neutron-ha-tool migrates all the
namespaces from A to L3-agent-B. All the migrated namespaces are not
activated.

I try to restart L3-agent service on node B, but it still failed.
Finally I have to reboot the node to make everything work well.

I'd appreciate if anyone can provide some solutions or hints about how
to deal with this situation.

I really don't wanna reboot the physical node running L3-agent.

Forget to tell that I use RDO havana release.

--

cheers,
Li Ma