[Openstack-operators] What is the best production kernel, openvswitch combination?

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:22:39 UTC 2014

On 11 February 2014 18:27, Joseph Breu <breu at breu.org> wrote:

> We have had success with 3.2.0-58 and OVS 1.10.2.  We too have experienced
> kernel panics with stock OVS and 3.2.0-58

Thanks Joseph. Has this involved a wholesale upgrade at the same time to
OVS 1.10.2 on all servers running it, or can it be done only on some of
them at a time?

I am now additionally finding that with OVS 1.4 the OVS plugin agent on the
L3 Gateway can't be reloaded as it reports that the kernel module for gre
tunneling isn't loaded. The only ways to get it up again are to reboot the
server or to recompile the module.