[Openstack-operators] Graphite dashboard

Michael Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Wed Dec 3 04:03:07 UTC 2014

At this point we’re not doing anything crazy with collectd, I think I will take advantage of some of your custom ones!

On compute nodes, we’re running Diamond to handle per-instance metrics pulled from libvirt.  https://github.com/BrightcoveOS/Diamond

Mike

From: Xav Paice <xavpaice at gmail.com<mailto:xavpaice at gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 7:10 PM
To: OpenStack Operators <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] Graphite dashboard

On 03/12/14 13:34, Michael Dorman wrote:
I’m curious what people are using for a Graphite front-end?  We’re finally getting around to recording a bunch of metrics, and now we need something good for visualization.

+1 for grafana.

I'd love to know about any shared plugins for collectd etc (assuming that's how you're getting stats into Graphite).  Our current ones are on https://github.com/catalyst/collectd-openstack and I'm working on making them happy with more than one region.