[Openstack-operators] Openstack upgrade

George Shuklin george.shuklin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 20:25:36 UTC 2014

On 08/31/2014 09:16 PM, Sławek Kapłoński wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm now using openstack in havana release and I wonder how I should do
> upgrade. Can I upgrade it immediately from Havana to e.g. Juno version (when
> it will be stable) or should I first upgrade everything to Icehouse and than to
> Juno?

Skipping version may be hard, especially if you want live update without
downtime for instances or minimal downtime on reboot.

Skips are less tested (and may be not supported at all). I think
step-by-step upgrade is much better.

... And one more advice: do not upgrade openstack on 1st release. They
usually fix tons of bugs after release.