[Openstack-operators] High Availability Guide team

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Tue Aug 26 18:09:00 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Cross-posting to -docs and -operators.

At the Ops mid-cycle meetup this week, Matt Griffin, David Medberry, and
Sriram Subramanian offered to start a review team for the High Availability
Guide. It needs some updates and it's best if the review team works similar
to the Security Guide -- subject matter experts working with core docs team
members for reviews. So I'm proposing we pull it into its own repo just
like the Security Guide. Any reasons not to? I think the next steps are:

1. Propose a patch to openstack/governance to show the repo is governed by
the Docs program.
2. Propose a patch that sets up a separate review team starting with Matt,
David, and Sriram. We think Emilien would be interested too, sound good?
Any others? We can have members of openstack-docs-core as well, similar to
the Security Guide.
3. Propose a patch that gets that guide building separately in a different
repo.
4.  Start working on the four bugs already logged [1] and logged more as
needed.

Any other subtasks? Any interested parties?

Thanks,
Anne

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs/?field.tag=ha-guide