[Openstack-operators] How can I select host node to create VM?

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Mon Aug 18 16:25:00 UTC 2014

Basically, what you need is to write your own Compute Scheduler based on Networking information.
It is not the first time that somebody proposed a networking-based scheduler, I would recommend to look back on the previous OpenStack summit and search for sessions related to the computer scheduler topic and then contact directly to the presenter(s). It could save you a lot of time and development effort.

In order to get Networking information, you could get many valuable data from Ceilometer.

Cheers,

Edgar