[Openstack-operators] I have finally created an instance, and it works! However, there is no ethernet card

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Aug 18 07:04:26 UTC 2014

Assuming you're running a libvirt based hypervisor (e.g. kvm). Could you
please dump the libvirt xml of your instance?

You can get it this way

virsh list --all
--> shows a list of all virtual servers running on your hypervisor

virsh dumpxml <vm-id>
--> dumps the xml of your vm, addressed by the id (first column). Id
does not correlate with UUID!!!!! So if you're not sure which list entry
belongs to your instance just stop all other via openstack to have only
one running.

PS: on some systems you have to sudo when using virsh.

There should be a subtag of devices called <interface type='bridge'> or
'network' or somehting like that representing your eth interface

Andreas