[Openstack-operators] memcached redundancy

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu Aug 14 16:30:50 UTC 2014

Hi Abel,

I'm petty confident that the delays are coming from the the openstack
server components. For example, Keystone. So when a client tries to
authenticate, Keystone is not marking a memcached server as dead and will
continue to try it and time out. At least that was my impression when I
tested removing the dead node from the config files.

I fully agree about everything going back to normal after a short time. If
the timeout delay didn't exist, I'd still try to implement some sort of
replication just because, as an end-user, being randomly logged out is
really annoying.

Thanks,
Joe