[Openstack-operators] How to disable ipv6 in openvswitch on l3 machine?

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Fri Aug 8 07:08:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

We use SL6 (RDO icehouse) and that does not have "ip6tables-save" and "ip6tables-restore"
On our l3 agent machine the openvswitch fails with creating ports due to the unavailability of those commands.
Due to this the ports are not properly setup, they are created but missing the tag.
I also noticed this does not apply to the openvswitch on the compute nodes.

There is an "old" bug that describes this but was never closed here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1203611

Is there a way to disable it in a config file somewhere?
I've tried to set "use_ipv6 = False" in various config files but it does not help.
I've now cheated a bit by creating the commands (empty scripts) which does work but is an ugly hack :)

Any recommendations how to fix this?
Looking at the code I start to get the feeling this is not configurable... :(

Thx,
Robert van Leeuwen