[Openstack-operators] Browser dependent weirdness in dashboard

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Mon Aug 4 07:07:00 UTC 2014

> I rebooted the controller node to test if the services would come back.  openstack-nova-api failed to start because:
>2014-07-30 13:28:52.356 4651 ERROR nova.wsgi [-] Could not bind to 0.0.0.0:8775
> 2014-07-30 13:28:52.357 4651 CRITICAL nova [-] error: [Errno 98] Address already in use
> nova-api-metadata has already grabbed port 8775.

I also noticed this before:
The nova api daemon will also start the metadata part if that is also in: enabled_apis= in nova.conf
If you also start the metadata agent daemon you will have conflicts.

> ​I am back to troubleshooting dashboard, and here is where it gets weird.  It doesn't work, but it doesn't work differently ...
Just some general recommendations for troubleshooting the dashboard:
I would first start with making sure that all APIs work.
So make sure keystone,nova, glance, cinder & neutron (if you use neutron) work when you use the CLI.
If it still does not work set the dashboard to debug, usually there are some pointers to what is going on.

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen