[Openstack-operators] [Openstack] Regions and zones

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Fri Apr 25 09:49:27 UTC 2014

> Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 11:26 AM
> So we need different URLs for each service in different regions?
> nova, glance in different regions will have different URLs?

Yes.
In keystone you would need to create endpoints for all used services in that region.
e.g.
region   | endpoint
region1 | nova.region1.mycloud.com
region2 | nova.region2.mycloud.com

When you want to use a service you go to keystone for a token and for the endpoint URL of a service.
You will need to specify the region for the endpoint
Any calls for the service will go directly to the correct endpoint, eg. nova.region2.mycloud.com

> How do REST calls differ in multiple regions case as opposed to single region ?
I do not *think* they do. (just did a nova with --debug)
But not 100% sure

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Robert van Leeuwen
<Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com> wrote:

> What changes will be there in authentication requests for accessing resources over many regions ? Will

> access URLs change for specific regions?

The keystone URL will be the same but you will create endpoints in keystone for each region.

The client will need to set their region in the request.

For the commandline tools you could do something like:

export OS_REGION_NAME=region1

Cheers,

Robert