[Openstack-operators] Problem after VM's Hard Reboot

Alvise Dorigo alvise.dorigo at pd.infn.it
Wed Apr 23 14:44:11 UTC 2014

Hi,
I've an Havana installation with distributed services (controller node,
network node running only the neutron agents, compute node).
The Network node is redundant with dhcp agent in HA mode active/active
(2 instances running on 2 different network nodes).

I noticed that, often, after an Hard Reboot the VM is unable to talk to
the dhcp agent to obtain its private IP. I observed that when this
happens, the tap of the VM doesn't have the VLAN tag it had before,
during the normal functioning.

This problem doesn't occur if a Soft Reboot is performed (e.g. a
"reboot" issued from the console).

Is this known or experienced by someone else ?

thanks,

      Alvise