[Openstack-operators] Icehouse and libguestfs and ZFS

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Sun Apr 20 02:26:29 UTC 2014

Thank you for your notes, Jon!

I reviewed the debian/control<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-cloud-archive/ubuntu/precise/nova/trunk/view/head:/debian/control>file
for the nova packages and didn't see libguestfs-tools listed. I also
had some time today to do a test install of nova-compute and
libguestfs-tools was not installed as a dependency.

So libguestfs doesn't seem to be a requirement like the Release Notes
said... but I haven't actually used nova-compute in an Icehouse
environment, so I can't be 100% confident about that. Initial scouting
looks promising, though.