[Openstack-operators] Folsom to Grizzly Upgrade Nodes

Jesse Pretorius jesse.pretorius at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 07:16:09 UTC 2013

On 19 September 2013 17:07, Jonathan Proulx <jon at jonproulx.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Joe Topjian <joe.topjian at cybera.ca>wrote:
>

>> nova-network is being used (and is still being used).
>>

> All my serious issue were due to my transition from nova-network to
> quantum.  I'm still feeling the burn on that since the "toy" case worked
> but scaling out to my moderate 1 rack size took a fair bit of patching and
> tweaking.  I do have some optimism that the patches and tweaks will be
> standard or unnecessary in Havana, though that reminds me to go look and
> see if the patches I'm watching have got through yet...

I have to agree that there are two areas which really need some attention:

1. nova-volume to cinder-volume - to date there is no automated migration
of the database contents as far as I've seen
2. nova-network to quantum - nova security groups and all defined networks
do not migrate. The trouble with this migration is that there are too many
variables that are particular to the deployed environment - do your nova
networks need to become provider networks, shared networks, external
networks, tunneled networks, etc.

If anyone has done some work to automate the migrations I'll be happy to
collaborate and contribute as I have another Essex -> Grizzly upgrade
happening soon, and the Folsom->Grizzly upgrade was rather laborious due to
the nova-network->quantum migration.