[Openstack-operators] =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_=5BOpenstack-operators=5D_Fwd=3A_Ceph_bock_storage_and_Openstack_Cinder Scheduler_issue?=

Sébastien Han sebastien.han at enovance.com
Thu Sep 19 12:23:34 UTC 2013

Hi there,

There is no need to run cinder-volume on every compute nodes, unless they are the only servers that can get access to your ceph cluster.
Traditionally, we put cinder-volume on the cloud controllers.

I’ve through a similar issue while running an lvm+iscsi backend, the only solution was to play with AZ and to change the scheduler.

Try to change your cinder.conf with:

scheduler_driver=cinder.scheduler.filter_scheduler.FilterScheduler
capacity_weight_multiplier=1.0
scheduler_default_weighers=CapacityWeigher

Let me know if it works as expected.

Cheers.

––––
Sébastien Han
Cloud Engineer

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood."

Phone: +33 (0)1 49 70 99 72 - Mobile: +33 (0)6 52 84 44 70
Mail: sebastien.han at enovance.com - Skype : han.sbastien
Address : 10, rue de la Victoire - 75009 Paris
Web : www.enovance.com - Twitter : @enovance