[Openstack-operators] Grizzly VNC Console and Chrome

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Tue Oct 29 20:27:44 UTC 2013

Hello,

The VNC Console has stopped working with Chrome for me. Here's the really
bizarre part: just for one OpenStack environment.

When I try to use the console, I see the message:

"VNC ready: native WebSockets, canvas rendering"

and then a few seconds later:

"Connect timeout"

I have two other clouds that were created using the same configuration and
I'm able to use the Console just fine. I've verified that configs are
identical and that only IP addresses are different (where appropriate).

I thought I was going insane until I tried another web browser. Sure
enough, any other browser works. It's just Chrome and this one OpenStack
cloud.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Joe

--
Joe Topjian
Systems Architect

www.cybera.ca

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.