[Openstack-operators] Importing virtualbox export with LVM

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Fri May 31 21:03:49 UTC 2013

I don't think that nova can handle can handle ovf. (I suspect it's actually
ova, since "ovf" packages can be implemented different ways).

You can convert from vdi to raw, using either qemu-img or VBoxManage
clonehd. Check out this chapter in the new OpenStack image guide:
http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-image/content/ch_converting.html

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 8:53 AM, <darksinclair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I've been passed two SLES 11 sp2 exports from virtualbox, one vdi and one
> ovf, which both result in the same error when deployed through nova of "No
> volume groups found". Has anyone seen this before and know how to correct?
> The LVMs should be completely contained within the exported disks and grub
> is loaded fine from the mbr, so I can't see anything being wrong with the
> export and wondering if it's a support issue with Folsom and qemu 1.0 as I
> know there is issues converting ovf's into raw.

> Thanks,

Lorin Hochstein
Lead Architect - Cloud Services
Nimbis Services, Inc.