[Openstack-operators] Basici - adding local partitions

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Fri May 31 20:12:54 UTC 2013

Very green with openstack so please bare with me .... or redirect me to
another list :-)

Just got devstack up and running on a single HW instance for some light
testing before adding multiple HW and storage pieces.

I'm simply trying to add a physical (sda3) partition and a second disk
(sdb) to my instance here.

I'm trying to follow the "add block storage" docs but some of the
references for commands are not present..

  #> service cinder-volume restart

Wondering where to go from here.. Does anyone have a very short no frills
howto on adding just raw local disks to a devstack or just plain cinder
instance.. swift would be nice too :-)

Thanks for any help/pointers

------
thanks