[Openstack-operators] [Openstack] [Cinder] Re: Multiple machines hosting cinder-volumes with Folsom ?

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Fri May 31 11:55:40 UTC 2013

Thanks but it didn't match my needs. I already know how to deploy Cinder
on a single host, my point was more relative to deploying a second
Cinder-volume instance, and if yes, what to do.

Nevermind, I successed in deploying a second Cinder-volume, just by
looking at the packages and the confs. It's pretty straightforward, so
I'm not surprised it wasn't documented. Nevertheless, I think that the
Grizzly doc I mentioned [1] is confusing : by looking at it, I was
thinking Cinder was unable to have two distinct volumes with Folsom
release. Maybe updating the folsom branch for Cinder documentation,
precising it *is* possible, is worth a try ?

Anyway, I'm documenting out the process in my own (new) blog. Keep
tuned, I'll post the URL out there.

-Sylvain