[Openstack-operators] Perform MPI program on a cluster of OpenStack instances

Jacob Liberman jliberma at redhat.com
Thu May 16 16:26:07 UTC 2013

On 05/15/2013 08:08 AM, Reza Bakhshayeshi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to perform a MPI program across the instances. I've already
> done it on a traditional and virtual cluster, so I'm pretty sure about
> the healthiness of my installation.
> Unfortunately I can't perform it on a cluster of OpenStack instances.
> My MPI program is HPCC, it stops at the begging of MPIRandomAccess.
>
> I would be so grateful if anyone had a similar experience or can guess
> some possibilities and solutions.
>
> Regards,
> Reza

Does it hang or does it fail with an error? Please send along any errors.

The HPCC random access test will size the problem to half the available
RAM in the whole system.

I would make sure your memory over commitment ratio is set to 1.

I would also disable hyperthreading and make sure you are running on a
power of 2 processor count.

You can start by running the MPI test within a single instance on a
single host.