[Openstack-operators] Reg: upgrading Folsom to grizzly

Baktha Ashokan baktha.sg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 02:59:38 UTC 2013

Thanks a lot anne

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-ops/content/maintenance.html#upgrades

> Anne
>
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Baktha <baktha.sg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks a lot guys,
>  Actually I setup a testing environment locally to try it out ... @jacob
yes I am using cloud ppa.
>  @mahroua - I understand it suppose to be done in particular way, because
I tried to upgrade in my test environment before and it collapsed. So
what's the proper way to do it? I would like to try it now to get myself
ready for release.
> Thanks,
> Baktha.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> On 29 Mar 2013, at 09:12 PM, Sylvain Bauza <sylvain.bauza at digimind.com>
wrote:

> I agree with all said below.
> The Ops guide is also talking about this case : should you want to
upgrade, there are a certain steps to follow (ie. which components to
upgrade *before* others).

> Anyway, this is not a out-of-the-box upgrade. I strongly recommend to
deploy an Openstack testing environment (with virtualized instances it does
work, provided your hypervisor being QEMU) quite identical as your
production environment, and do the upgrade against the test env.

> This is the best way for preventing quite an emergency.
>
> -Sylvain
>
> Le 29/03/2013 15:52, Razique Mahroua a écrit :
>
> +1
> We don't have any out-of-the-box migration plan, thing is depending on
your setup, there are many cases that cannot be anticipated.