[Openstack-operators] Do ISC DHCP and bind9 conflict with dnsmasq?

Mac Innes, Kiall kiall at hp.com
Sun Mar 24 17:51:01 UTC 2013

I believe the default configurations will conflict, but you can ensure
they behave by changing a few settings.

The nova launched dnsmasq(s) will bind to IP(s) in the configured fixed
range, while ISC DHCP/Bind9 will, by default, bind to all IPs.

If you configure both of those to bind to the servers "normal" IP rather
than 0.0.0.0, they should play nice.

Kiall Mac Innes
HP Cloud Services - DNSaaS

Mobile:   +353 86 345 9333