[Openstack-operators] Do ISC DHCP and bind9 conflict with dnsmasq?

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Sun Mar 24 17:14:28 UTC 2013

In my current setup, my cloud controller also runs cobbler. I have cobbler
set up to use ISC's DHCP server and to use BIND9 for DNS (although I'm not
actually use the DNS server for anything). Since I'm running with
nova-network and not with multi-host, my controller node also runs
nova-network, and consequently, dnsmasq.

Will the dnsmasq services that nova-network launches conflict with isc dhcp
and bind9 that cobbler uses? Just to be safe, I've turned off the isc dhcp
server and bind9 before running nova-network, but I was curious if they
could actually coexist on the same node.

Lorin

--
Lorin Hochstein
Lead Architect - Cloud Services