[Openstack-operators] Help with simplest Quantum setup possible...

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:28:09 UTC 2013

Daneyon,

 Thanks! But, I'm not using L3, or GRE, or namespaces...

 I read the
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-network/admin/content/ch_limitations.htmland
I don't think my setup (Single Flat, no GRE, no L3) fits that case...

 From my understandings, I'm not using overlapping IP's, since it is
disabled by default... Anyway, after forcing `allow_overlapping_ips to
False', nothing happens...

 From the compute node, I can connect to metadata by running: `telnet
10.32.14.232 8775' and / or `telnet 10.32.14.234 8775', both answer but,
doesn't work in the end...

 I tried with metadata @ 10.32.14.232 (controller) and @ 10.32.14.234
(compute node with `nova-api-metadata') but, same broken result.

 From within my instance, when I run: `telnet 169.254.169.254 80', I can
see the packages passing trough the NAT rule `169.254.169.254      tcp
dpt:80 to:10.32.14.232:8775' but, the telnet connection times up.

 Do I need the package `quantum-plugin-metaplugin' instead
`nova-api-metadata'? If yes, where, controller or on each compute node?

 BTW, if I set `use_namespaces = False' in dhcp_agent.ini, my Instances
doesn't boots up anymore.

 Maybe it is time to go with Grizzly RC1?

 Anyway, I would like to finish everything I can with Quantum in Folsom,
before going to try Grizzly...

 I really appreciate your help!!

Regards,
Thiago