[Openstack-operators] Horizon configuration issues

Richard Cunningham cunningr at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:45:55 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I am in the process of installing Openstack on Ubuntu Server 12.04 and
am up to the final stage to configure the horizon web front end. When
I go to http://<myserver>/horizon and log in with my admin account
(which is configured in Keystone), I get an Internal Server Error.

I am not sure where to start troubleshooting this, as their doesn't
seem to be an openstack-dashboard error logs. Apache error log shows
the following:
[Wed Mar 13 16:47:37 2013] [error]   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/keystoneclient/service_catalog.py",
line 62, in url_for
[Wed Mar 13 16:47:37 2013] [error]     raise
exceptions.EndpointNotFound('Endpoint not found.')

I did find an article where is talks about
/etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings.py using 'Member' as the
default role from keystone. I have created this role to no avail.

All my nova services are up and showing as healthy:
Code:
Binary           Host                                 Zone
Status     State Updated_At
nova-consoleauth ms-os01                              nova
enabled    :-)   2013-03-13 11:45:18
nova-cert        ms-os01                              nova
enabled    :-)   2013-03-13 11:45:18
nova-scheduler   ms-os01                              nova
enabled    :-)   2013-03-13 11:45:14
nova-compute     ms-os01                              nova
enabled    :-)   2013-03-13 11:45:15
nova-network     ms-os01                              nova
enabled    :-)   2013-03-13 11:45:15
Any ideas would be welcome

Thanks in advance,

Rich